Millions of people struggle with essential hypertension, a condition marked by blood pressure levels that are higher than normal. Although many antihypertensive drugs are helpful in treating this condition, there are also other therapeutic approaches. Natural remedies for high blood pressure come in many forms. For many people, the most important factors are health and lifestyle, but many herbs and plants can also serve as natural remedies for high blood pressure.
Our LEVEL herbal tea program is designed to help you lower your systolic and diastolic blood pressure naturally, helping your body maintain a balance and prevent the health effects of hypertension. We’ve searched the globe for the best herbal natural remedies for blood pressure, combining hand selected ingredients into flavorful herbal teas that help your body maintain the right blood pressure balance.
How to Naturally Lower Blood Pressure
For a healthy adult, blood pressure is generally expected to be close to 120/80mm Hg, and varies naturally at different activity levels. Hypertension, or high blood pressure, can result from a variety of health issues including aging, obesity, high salt intake, and vitamin deficiencies.
Fortunately, hypertension can be prevented and even reduced by maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle. Some of the best ways to naturally lower blood pressure include:
- A balanced diet low in sodium. For people with essential hypertension, reducing salt intake can help lower blood pressure naturally. Unhealthy dietary habits can result in a high intake of salty, fatty foods with poor vitamin and nutritional content. Physicians often recommend the DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension). DASH diets are balanced and low in sodium, featuring whole grains, lean meats, and low fat dairy products.
- Moderate exercise. Even small amounts of daily exercise, like a 30-minute walk to the park with your kids, can help gently and naturally lower your blood pressure.
- Weight loss. A huge proportion of cases of essential hypertension are associated with obesity, and reaching a healthy weight can help resolve blood pressure problems.
- Stress management. Psychological stress can also contribute to high blood pressure.
Natural Remedies for High Blood Pressure
Along with changes in dietary intake and activity level, many herbs can also function as natural remedies for high blood pressure. Here are some of the best herbs that contain compounds that can help your body regulate and lower blood pressure naturally:
- Basil. Basil is one of the most popular culinary herbs, but it also has antihypertensive effects. Basil extracts have been shown to temporarily lower blood pressure in people with hypertension.
- Cardamom. Research experiments with cardamom has found that in doses of about 3 grams per day, it can help lower blood pressure gently and naturally.
- Garlic. Garlic has many positive effects for the cardiovascular system, including relaxing smooth muscles, promoting vasodilation, and reducing high blood pressure.
- Hibiscus. Hibiscus, a popular ingredient in herbal teas, can produce a significant drop in high blood pressure.
Lower Blood Pressure Naturally with LEVEL
Our LEVEL herbal tea program is carefully designed to combined a variety of herbal natural remedies for high blood pressure, resulting in flavorful herbal tea blends that naturally reduce hypertension and promote a healthy blood pressure balance. Visit our store today to start lowering your blood pressure naturally with LEVEL.