Stress, depression, lack of sleep, and other problems can weaken your immune system significantly. This makes you far more likely to get sick when there’s a cold or flu going around, and it can even reactivate dormant chicken pox viruses to cause shingles. Natural immune system boosters can help strengthen your body’s natural defenses, keeping you protected against pathogens like viruses and bacteria.
We created our PREVENTION herbal tea program to help strengthen your immune system naturally. We’ve found the best herbal immune system boosters and brought them together into flavorful herbal teas that help your body fight off illness and infections. PREVENTION is a safe, natural option to help keep colds and flus at bay.
9 Great Natural Immune System Boosters
Many natural herbs and supplements act as effective immune system boosters, helping your body at a cellular level to fight of pathogens and prevent disease. These nine herbs and vitamins are known for their immune-enhancing effects, and when taken as teas or natural supplements, they can help prevent stress from weakening your immune system.
- Vitamin C. Vitamin C has well known immune system functions, and getting enough vitamin C is important to prevent yourself from getting sick. A healthy daily intake of vitamin C is around 60 mg, and many fruits and vegetables are a good dietary source. Vitamin C can also be taken as a supplement, or added into herbal teas for immune support.
- Vitamin E. Vitamin E is an important antioxidant that prevents cellular damage. Vitamin E deficiency has been shown to weaken the immune system, as immune cells are particularly vulnerable to the oxidative damage that vitamin E prevents.
- Vitamin D. Vitamin D is present in sunlight, dairy products, and other nutritional sources. This vitamin helps protect the cells of the immune system, making it one of the most important natural immune system boosters.
- Echinacea. Echinacea is a common herbal remedy for immune system support, containing compounds that have positive immune effects. These attractive ornamental flowers are also easy to grow in your own backyard garden.
- Garlic. Garlic is more than a culinary spice: it also has positive health benefits, including immune support. Garlic extract has been shown to increase the number of t-cells in the bloodstream, as well as helping reduce the harmful physiological effects of stress by suppressing stress hormone secretion.
- Turmeric. Turmeric root, used as an Asian culinary spice, contains compounds that help kill harmful bacteria and fungi.
- Ginger. Ginger root herbal tea has antioxidant properties that protect cells against stress, and it also has antiseptic and antibacterial effects.
- Astralagus. Astragalus, a genus of plants related to beans and lentils, are used in Chinese and Persian traditional medicine to strengthen disease resistance. Its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects help boost your immune system naturally.
- Cat’s claw. Cat’s claw vines are native to Central and South America, and can be useful for helping chronic inflammatory conditions like rheumatoid arthritis. Cat’s claw contains nuclear factor kappa beta, a chemical that acts as an inflammatory “switch” associated with disease.
Try PREVENTION Today for Natural Immune Support
Our PREVENTION herbal tea program provides you with natural immune system boosters in the form of aromatic, flavorful herbal teas. The PREVENTION program is a safe, natural way to strengthen your body’s natural resistance against infection and disease. Visit our store to try PREVENTION today.