For many people with clinical depression or anxiety disorders, typical antidepressants and anxiety drugs don’t always work well. SSRI antidepressants are known for side effects like reduced libido and weight gain, and many anxiety medications can be habit-forming. Natural antidepressants and anxiolytics exist in many common herbs and plants. When incorporated into natural supplements or infusions, herbal natural antidepressants can provide a welcome alternative to traditional medications.
We’ve gathered and tested the best antidepressant herbs from around to world, to create our customized BRIGHT herbal tea program. BRIGHT is specially designed to provide gentle, natural remedies for depression. Herbal teas made with natural antidepressants can help boost your mood and reduce depression symptoms, without negative side effects.
Vitamins and Herbal Remedies as Natural Antidepressants
Natural antidepressants come in many forms. From herbal remedies to vitamins and minerals, many natural compounds can help improve your brain’s ability to regulate your mood and emotions. Here are X of the best and most effective natural antidepressants:
- St. John’s Wort. St. John’s Wort is a natural antidepressant that works in the same way as SSRIs like Zoloft and Prozac. St. John’s Wort helps prevent your brain from breaking down and reabsorbing serotonin, a key molecule for mood regulation in the brain. Depression is often associated with problems with serotonin on a neurochemical level, and St. John’s Wort can help correct these imbalances to improve depression symptoms.
- Saffron. Saffron, best known as a culinary spice and natural dye, may also have antidepressant properties. Studies have found that saffron can help reduce the symptoms of depression, possibly by modulating serotonin in the brain.
- Lemon balm. Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) is a plant in the mint family, with a mild lemony scent and flavor. Lemon balm helps soothe anxiety, especially when combined with other anxiolytic natural antidepressants like chamomile and valerian root. It also helps reduce insomnia and improve sleep quality.
- Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are a nutrient group that’s highly important for brain function. Natural supplements containing DHA, EPA, and other omega-3 fatty acids can help produce an improvement in depression symptoms.
- Vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 deficiency is often correlated with symptoms of depression. B12 and other B-complex vitamins play important roles in the brain, including the synthesis of neurotransmitters involved in mood. Vitamin B12 is found in many foods, and it’s also safe in surprisingly high doses.
- Zinc. Mild zinc deficiencies are surpringly common, and have been linked to depression symptoms. Diets heavy in modern processed foods tend to be low in zinc, but vegetarians and vegans are also at risk for zinc deficiency. Zinc helps modulate the brain’s reactions to stress, reducing symptoms of depression and anxiety.
For Proven Natural Antidepressants, Try Our BRIGHT Herbal Tea Program
Our BRIGHT herbal tea program incorporates the perfect blend of natural antidepressants, resulting in flavorful herbal teas that will boost your mood and brighten your day. We’ve carefully selected the most potent herbal remedies for depression and anxiety, sourced from herbal medicine traditions all over the world. Visit our store to try BRIGHT today.