Coming down with a cold or flu is no fun at all. Between missing out on time with your friends and family, and using up your sick days at work, common infections and illnesses are best avoided. You may be interested in how to improve immune system health naturally, to better avoid colds and flus. Many natural remedies, including essential vitamins and herbal supplements, can help your body strengthen its natural defenses against bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens.
We’ve designed our PREVENTION herbal tea program as a solution for how to improve immune system function gently and naturally. We’ve researched and tested herbal remedies from around the world that contain compounds that can boost your body’s ability to fight off disease. The PREVENTION program is a safe, natural option for boosting your immunity and avoiding this year’s cold and flu season.
How to Improve Immune System Health with Vitamins
Many factors can weaken your immune system, including stress, anxiety, depression, lack of sleep, and poor nutrition. Many essential vitamins and minerals are key factors for how to improve immune system health, and mild deficiencies can make you more likely to get sick. Some of the most important vitamins for a healthy immune system include:
- Vitamin C. Vitamin C is well known for its importance to the body’s immune system. Although taking extra vitamin C can’t cure a cold, an adequate intake can help prevent it. Many immune cells, including t-cells and phagocytes, need vitamin C to function. Vitamin C is found in many fruits, especially citrus.
- Vitamin E. Vitamin E is an important antioxidant, protecting the body from free oxygen radicals on a cellular level. Vitamin E deficiency can result in a weakened immune system, and recommended doses are around 30 IU. Vitamin E is present in green leafy vegetables, avocados, shellfish, and many other healthy foods.
- Vitamin A. Natural metabolites of vitamin A contribute to the body’s immune responses, and an adequate vitamin A intake helps your body fight off disease.
- Vitamin D. Vitamin D comes from both sunlight and dietary sources, and it’s important in the immune system at a cellular level.
How to Improve Immune System Functioning with Herbal Remedies
Along with vitamins and healthy nutrition, you can also improve immune system function with many herbal teas and remedies. These plants contain natural compounds whose effects in the body help strengthen immunity, making you more resilient to common illnesses. Here are three of the most effective herbal remedies for boosting your immune system:
- Ashwagandha. Ashwagandha is an Ayurvedic medicinal herb from India that’s used to protect the body from the damaging effects of stress, which is a leading cause of a weakened immune system.
- Schisandra. Like Ashwagandha, schisandra berries are adaptogenic, helping protect the body from physiological and psychological stress.
- Rhodiola. Rhodiola is a stress-fighting, immune-boosting adaptogen native to northern Eurasia.
- Echinacea. Echinacea, also known as purple coneflower, can help gently improve the immune system, making it a popular ingredient in herbal teas for immunity.
- Turmeric. Turmeric, an Indian spice related to ginger, contains antibacterial and antifungal compounds.
Boost Your Immune System Naturally with Our PREVENTION Herbal Tea Program
To start boosting your immune system naturally, try our PREVENTION herbal tea program. We’ve combined all the best natural remedies for immune support into clinically tested, effective herbal remedies to help keep your healthy. Visit our store to try PREVENTION today.