Definition of Immunity:
Immunity is defined as the body’s ability to resist toxins and infections, through the actions of the cells that make up the immune system. There are two main components of the human immune system: the innate immune system, including surface barriers, inflammatory responses, and NK cells that destroy other cells that are infected; and the adaptive immune system, which involves the acquisition of immunity to different pathogens throughout the course of your life. This includes lymphocytes (white blood cells), T-cells, and B-cells. Healthy sleep, nutrition, and natural remedies can provide natural immune support to decrease susceptibility to common illnesses.
Symptoms of a Weakened Immune System:
Healthy immune system function relies on a variety of important factors within the body. It’s affected by rest and sleep, by nutrition and vitamin intake, and by hormones produced by the brain and endocrine system. Other than autoimmune diseases and other serious medical conditions, factors like poor sleep and anxiety can weaken the immune system, creating a need for increased immune support.
Symptoms of a weakened immune system can include:
- Catching colds and other illnesses easily. A compromised immune system makes the body more susceptible to infection from common pathogens found in the external environment. This is often visible as a higher likelihood of falling ill from rhinoviruses, influenza, and other common transmissible diseases.
- Frequent illness. Experiencing colds, flu and other illnesses more than twice a year can often indicate immune system problems in a healthy adult.
- Frequent or chronic infections. Along with bacterial and viral illnesses, weakened immune responses can also lead to conditions such as sinus infections.
- Sore or swollen lymph glands. Swollen lymph nodes are a common sign of impaired immune responses.
- Shingles. Shingles is a condition that presents with a visible, painful rash. It results from a reactivation of the chickenpox virus, and can occur in people with a history of either Herpes zoster infection, or immunization. An outbreak of shingles signifies a weakened immune system.
Recommended Natural Treatment for Immune System Support:
Our PREVENTION herbal tea program is carefully formulated to combine the best natural ingredients, including therapeutic herbs from around the world, into flavorful teas that help keep your body’s natural defenses healthy and strong. Try PREVENTION today to decrease your likelihood of getting sick from colds, flu, and other infections.
If you seem to get sick every time there's a bug going around the office, you may be curious about how to increase immunity to common illnesses. Naturally, there are various dietary and lifestyle factors [...]
Stress, depression, lack of sleep, and other problems can weaken your immune system significantly. This makes you far more likely to get sick when there's a cold or flu going around, and it can even [...]
Coming down with a cold or flu is no fun at all. Between missing out on time with your friends and family, and using up your sick days at work, common infections and illnesses are [...]