If you struggle with diabetes, especially type 2 diabetes, you’re probably interested in how to lower blood sugar naturally. If you have adult onset diabetes, which arises from insulin resistance, you may be able to gradually reverse diabetes with a combination of insulin therapy, lifestyle changes, and herbal home remedies. Although things may never be the same as they were before your diagnosis, good diabetes management techniques can reduce or even eliminate the need for medication.
Our STABLE herbal tea program is designed to help people with diabetes naturally manage and reduce their symptoms, using the power of all-natural herbs to help your body regulate blood glucose levels. Based on substantial clinical research, we’ve identified the best natural herbal remedies for high blood sugar. STABLE is a safe, natural way to help control your blood sugar.
Understanding Natural Diabetes Management
Millions of people struggle with high blood sugar, usually due to a disorder called “diabetes mellitus,” or more commonly, simply diabetes. The term refers to a group of related disorders that are characterized by long-term high blood sugar levels, which can cause serious complications if left untreated. Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disorder, but 90% of cases are classified as Diabetes Type 2.
Unlike type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes is actually a preventable condition. However, in many developed and developing countries, rising rates of type 2 diabetes are becoming a serious public health concern. Diabetes rates in the United States have been on the rise since the 1980s, and today, the condition affects over 29 million Americans.
The reason for this is directly tied to widespread urbanization, and the lifestyle changes that come with it. A relatively sedentary lifestyle can be disastrous when paired with the typical “Western-style diet,” where portions are large, carbohydrates and sugar are plentiful, and vitamins and nutrients can often be deficient.
Diabetes management usually starts with dietary and other lifestyle factors, along with insulin therapy. Managing and changing your diet for diabetes is crucial: the ultimate goal of diabetes management is to correct your body’s ability to metabolize carbohydrates correctly. People with both Type 1 and Type 2 can see significant improvement by maintaining a healthy weight, eating a diet for diabetes that’s low in sugar and refined carbohydrates, and engaging in moderate exercise.
Home Remedies for Diabetes: How to Lower Blood Sugar with Natural Herbs
Recent scientific research has shed light on the potential of natural herbal medicine as a viable way to help reduce or reverse symptoms of type 2 diabetes. Taking supplements or herbal tea containing certain herbal remedies can help diabetics manage their symptoms, especially when combined with recommended lifestyle changes.
Some of the most promising herbal remedies for diabetes and blood sugar regulation include:
- Olive leaf. Controlled clinical trials of olive leaf for diabetes have had very promising result. Powdered, dried olive leaf has been shown to improve glucose metabolism, as demonstrated by reduced values on the hemoglobin A1c test. This indicates the value of olive leaf as a potential adjunct treatment for diabetes.
- Gymnema. Gymnema is a South Asian plant that contains a class of chemicals called saponins. Saponins can help reduce the taste of sweetness in foods that are high in sugar, which can help diabetics control cravings for foods that conflict with a therapeutic diet for diabetes.
- Bilberries. Bilberries may be helpful for patients undergoing diabetic neuropathy treatment, by helping reduce damage to nerves and capillaries.
- Ginseng. Ginseng may be helpful for blood sugar support. Ginseng may help slow the body’s carbohydrate absorption after meals, preventing blood sugar spikes. This can help with diabetes management, as well as helping prevent the onset of diabetes type 2 in people who are at risk.
- Reishi mushrooms. Reishi mushrooms, used in traditional Chinese medicine, have been the subject of intensive research into their anti-diabetes effects. Compounds in the mushrooms can inhibit tyrosine phosphate 1B, which helps to counteract diabetic symptoms.
Is There Really a Cure for Diabetes?
Can diabetes be cured? This question doesn’t necessarily have a straightforward answer, partly because there are different types of diabetes. Type 1 diabetes isn’t a curable condition, at least not yet. It’s an autoimmune condition, caused by the body’s immune system mistakenly attacking and destroying beta cells in the pancreas, which produce insulin. Insulin therapy is required for this form of diabetes. A cure for diabetes type 1 would need to restore the body’s natural ability to produce insulin in response to glucose.
Type 2 diabetes is preventable, and in some cases, patients may be able to successfully reverse diabetes in some cases. Although there is no simple diabetes cure, there have been cases of people successfully reversing the condition. This is achieved primarily through lifestyle and diet changes, but herbal remedies for high blood sugar can make a substantial difference. By combining herbal teas and natural home remedies for diabetes with diet and exercise, people with type 2 diabetes may be able to significantly reduce, or even eliminate, their symptoms. Herbs that help stabilize blood sugar, like gymnema and olive leaf, can help reduce adverse effects from chronic high blood sugar, like stroke risk and the eventual need for diabetic neuropathy treatment.
LEVEL Helps Lower Blood Sugar Naturally
We’ve combined the best, scientifically supported herbal remedies for diabetes management, creating our STABLE herbal tea program. Using the power of natural herbs, you can help your body stabilize your blood glucose levels, preventing or reducing diabetes. We’ve carefully selected and tested a variety of herbal blends, choosing the most effective herbal tea ingredients and recipes for blood sugar support. With STABLE, you’ll notice a difference in your blood sugar levels over time, helping you achieve effective diabetes management naturally. Visit our store to try STABLE today.