Antidepressant medications help a lot of people manage clinical depression symptoms. However, they don’t necessarily work for everyone. Some people find that the medication actually makes their symptoms worse, while others struggle with side effects like fatigue, insomnia, weight gain, or nausea. If medications just don’t seem to help much for you, you may wonder how to fight depression without antidepressants. Fortunately, there are many natural therapies and remedies that can reduce or eliminate depression symptoms without the need for prescription medication.
We asked ourselves how to fight depression naturally, which led us to develop our BRIGHT herbal tea program. The BRIGHT program brings you the knowledge you need about all the best herbal ingredients to help you overcome depression naturally. The herbal teas are 100% natural, and won’t produce any negative or dangerous side effects.
How to Beat Depression Without Antidepressants
Interested in how to beat depression without antidepressants? Medication is just one of several therapeutic options for treating major depressive disorder. There are quite a few non-pharmaceutical options that are well substantiated depression treatments.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy. Depression is more than just a chemical imbalance: it perpetuates itself through the interplay between your thoughts, your feelings, and your behavior. Cognitive behavioral therapy is a psychotherapy approach that helps you better understand how you feel, how you think about circumstances in your life, and how you react to your thoughts and feelings.
- Exercise. Exercise won’t cure depression, but studies have strongly indicated that moderate regular exercise can help reduce depression symptoms. Getting some exercise can be very helpful when combined with other therapies.
- Meditation. Meditative practices have recently gained interest from the medical community as a natural treatment for depression. There are many different styles and methods for meditation, drawn from spiritual and philosophical traditions around the world. Although meditation is a major part of many spiritual and religious traditions, notably Buddhism, Hinduism, and Taoism, meditation practices can also be completely secular.
How to Fight Depression with Natural Herbal Remedies
Along with approaches like therapy and meditation, many natural herbal remedies are also useful for fighting off depression symptoms. These plants contain naturally occurring chemical compounds that interact with receptors in the brain, helping improve your natural mood regulation. Although they work in similar ways to prescription medications, they don’t produce nearly as many unwanted side effects.
- St. John’s Wort. If you’re wondering how to fight depression naturally, you may want to start with St. John’s Wort. This potent natural antidepressant helps regulate the levels of serotonin in the brain, counteracting the neurochemical imbalances that contribute to depression symptoms. It’s especially useful for milder forms of depression, which may not require strong pharmaceuticals.
- Saffron. Recent studies have provided support for saffron as a natural herbal antidepressant. Its mechanisms of action still aren’t completely clear, but it’s likely that compounds in the plant help modulate serotonin.
- Passionflower. Passionflower contains natural compounds that act as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), giving the plant helpful antidepressant effects.
Start Overcoming Depression Today With Our BRIGHT Herbal Tea Program
Our BRIGHT herbal tea program is scientifically formulated to help you fight depression symptoms safely and naturally. We’ve searched the globe for the most effective herbal remedies for anxiety and depression, combining them into flavorful herbal tea recipes that help improve your mood. Visit our store today to try BRIGHT today.