Millions of people struggle with anxiety symptoms on a daily basis. Anxiety disorders produce an unpleasant combination of psychological and physical symptoms, including a strong sense of worry, nausea and stomach pain, numbness, agitation and irritability, and sometimes even full-fledged panic attacks. There are medications available to treat anxiety, but they can produce unwanted side effects. Some anxiety medications, like benzodiazepines, can even become addictive. For this reason, many people seek out natural anxiety treatment instead.
We developed our BRIGHT herbal tea program to meet the need for effective natural anxiety treatment. We’ve combined highly effective antidepressant and anti-anxiety herbs and plants from around the world, creating unique customized herbal tea blends that help regulate and improve your mood. BRIGHT is a safe, natural depression and anxiety treatment option that won’t leave you overwhelmed by side effects.
5 Useful Herbs for Natural Anxiety Treatment
Cultures all over the world use local medicinal plants to help soothe anxiety and promote a calm, relaxed, and lucid emotional state. These herbs contain natural chemical compounds that bind at certain sites in the parts of the brain that regulate mood, helping counteract the neurochemical imbalances that cause anxiety symptoms. Here are five of the most effective herbal remedies for natural anxiety relief:
- Kava. Kava is a medicinal root from Polynesia, where it’s used as an entheogen for religious rituals. Kava has sedative and anxiolytic properties, producing a calm but mentally lucid state. Kava’s active compounds are a group of chemicals called kavalactones, which bind to GABA-A receptors in the brain. Kava also helps inhibit dopamine and norepinephrine reuptake, which can further reduce anxiety symptoms. Kava is safe and free of unpleasant side effects, which has led to scientific interest in its anxiolytic properties.
- Lemon balm. Lemon balm, a member of the mint family, has helped reduce anxiety in test subjects. This calming herb can also help promote better sleep, counteracting insomnia caused by anxiety. Lemon balm is a flavorful herbal tea ingredient, imparting a citrus taste.
- Valerian root. Valerian root is an herbal anxiety treatment and sleep aid, which helps promote calmness and induce sleep. Like many other herbs for anxiety treatment, valerian contains compounds that bind to GABA-A receptors in the brain. Herbal teas containing valerian root can help reduce anxiety symptoms that interfere with sleep.
- Passionflower. Passionflower has antidepressive and anxiolytic properties, due to the compounds harmol, harmaline, and harmalol. These act as MAOIs, counteracting chemical imbalances associated with anxiety and depression. Passionflower has calmig effects, and can help promote a restful sleep.
- Chamomile. Chamomile, a member of the daisy family, has mildly calming and sedative effects that can help reduce anxiety symptoms. It’s often blended with passionflower, valerian, and other soothing herbs.
Try Our BRIGHT Herbal Tea Program for Natural Anxiety Treatment
Our BRIGHT herbal tea program provides a simple, accessible guide to natural anxiety treatment with herbs and herbal teas. Using the best ingredients from around the world, we’ve formulated herbal tea blends that can help you feel calm, focused, and relaxed. Visit our store to try BRIGHT today.