Definition of Digestive Health:
Optimal digestive health can be defined as properly functioning digestion, absorption, and assimilation of food. Good digestive health enables your body to get the most energy possible out of the food you eat, increasing your metabolism and boosting your energy levels. Digestive health problems can cause poor nutrition, physical discomfort, and reduced mental and physical energy.
Symptoms of Digestive Health Problems:
There are many different types of digestive health problems, and a variety of different causes. Some digestive problems result from a clear medical condition, like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Others may be related to dietary problems, such as inadequate fiber, or to stress and anxiety. Some of the symptoms of digestive health problems include:
- Bloating. Bloating results from gas generated by intestinal bacteria, and can cause cramping and discomfort. Bloating is usually a sign of a digestive problem, especially when it occurs chronically.
- Constipation. Inadequate fiber, poor intestinal motility, drug side effects, and other factors can slow the passing of foods through the intestines, causing constipation.
- Diarrhea. Diarrhea often results from bacterial or viral illnesses, but it can also result from food sensitivities, stress, lower fiber intake, and other causes.
- Heartburn. Heartburn occurs when acid from the stomach enters up into the esophagus, causing an uncomfortable burning sensation. When the condition is chronic, it’s referred to as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Nausea and vomiting. Nausea, with or without vomiting, is a sign of intestinal distress. Frequent nausea after eating is a sign of digestive health problems such as stomach ulcers.
- Stomach pain or intestinal cramps. Pains higher on the abdomen, originating from the stomach itself, can result from high stomach acid levels or a stomach ulcer. Lower abdominal pain is generally the result of intestinal cramps, and often accompanies diarrhea or constipation.
Recommended Natural Treatment for Digestive Health:
Our SMOOTH herbal tea program incorporates flavorful blends of the best natural herbal remedies to improve digestive health. Get rid of bloating, chronic constipation, and discomfort naturally, by trying SMOOTH today.
Struggling with digestive problems can be a major pain in the… well, you know. Many people struggle to digest their meals smoothly and efficiently, leading to bloating, discomfort, and a lot of time spent in [...]